Friday 28 March 2014

Rain and writing.


Today I am trapped indoors by the pouring rain. I got drenched yesterday, and wet this morning in ten minutes out with Tim, so now I'm waiting for 2pm. Thats when the forecast says it will stop raining. It can't come soon enough. I have for company one large dog who doesn't want to go out in the rain, but has loads of energy to use up somehow. Currently he is devoted to trying to steal my bacon sandwich.
Actually, I'm not telling the strict truth. Tim would go out, rain or no rain. I don't want to, because the field is wet, squelchy and full of puddles. The paths by the riverside - and anywhere else, for that matter - will be slippery mud. Dangerous, and we'll both come back home covered in mud. I've had too much of that lately.
He may not mind the rain, and he loves the mud, but he hates getting his paws and belly washed when we get home. My floors and carpets demand that he put up with it, but its not without a struggle.
So I'm concentrating on my writing.


No comments:

A worrying thought

  We have recently taken on a new satellite box which allows access to things like UKTV play and others. Scanning the offerings, I notice ho...