Wednesday 19 October 2011

Kindle Autumn

autumn is on its way
Since publishing FAIR BORDER BRIDE, I've  taken the plunge and dipped my toe into the Kindle Boards. My introduction has gone through OK, I've been welcomed by nice people and now I'm free to explore the rest of the boards. The trouble is, it's (or they?) (or are?) huge. Where to go first? I'm hoping there'll be a history thread somewhere, but it may take a while to find it. Plus which there's a whole page of rules, which I've printed out and must read through before I jump in.

Here in the north, the weather has taken a turn for the brisk cold we expect in autumn. I went to bed last night with the tip of my nose so cold a healthy dog would be jealous, and this morning dh has turned on the heating for an hour to take the chill off the house. It was so pleasant to have a shower and not freeze the moment I stepped out of it, and to have warm fluffy towels off the radiator rather than the cold, damp, clinging things they've been for the last week or so.

It's a week exactly to our trip to Ullapool and Kylesku in the far northwest of Scotland, and I still have faith that the weather will be the bright, crisp but sunny Indian summer week it often is up there. Now I'm looking at maps and deciding where we'll walk when we're there. Such a pleasant pastime, and with next to no expediture of energy!

No comments:

More flames on the fire

  Occasionally I check for Book related news and  this morning caught a snippet that sent a shudder through me. It seems Omid Scobie, often ...