Friday 28 January 2011

What was their world like?

This link should take you to a short video showing the renovation of the Royal apartments at Stirling Castle. click Try it. This is exactly the period I'm writing about in my books Treason! and Defiance and I love looking at it.

Have a scout around the Youtube videos on offer. An earlier Historic Scotland video gives a wider perspective here and Andy Campbells's video of the old town gives views of the exterior of the Castle here I don't suppose he was allowed to film inside. Assuming he's a native of Stirling, his accent is atractive. I wonder if I could find some Northumbrian accents for comparison? We use lots of the same words, but say them differently which is why I don't always go along with the dinnae, cannae school of fictional Scottish accents.

No comments:

A worrying thought

  We have recently taken on a new satellite box which allows access to things like UKTV play and others. Scanning the offerings, I notice ho...