Friday 9 July 2010

Aydon Castle

The east face of Aydon Castle. I had my character
Alina sit at the window and look out on the orchard below when her father told her whom she was to marry. Not of course, the man with whom she had fallen in love.
The projections, they say, show where an extension was planned but never executed. I'm rather glad, since we would have lost the pretty window had the extension gone ahead.
The weather is so very hot...25, 26 degrees centgrade. Creeping up to 27 and 28 yesterday afternoon. Just sitting still brought a slight dew to the skin, and moving was unthinkable. I suppose if you live long enough in such heat, then the body becomes acclimatised.

No comments:

A worrying thought

  We have recently taken on a new satellite box which allows access to things like UKTV play and others. Scanning the offerings, I notice ho...