Friday 11 September 2009

So that's why


Still with edits because there was some confusion and the doc file did not "hold" track changes. I now have an rtf document, and all is well except that I have to go through the whole story... again. Lesson learned - always check after first few edits...

Meanwhile there are good things around. I met with my local writers group today and heard about Michelle's encounter with a Guardian writer - it is a must read piece, and I say this not because I know Michelle - more because I don't seem able to pass through the portals of M&B either.


3 comments:

Anita Davison said...

Jen,with about sixty e-mails to plough through this morning before I tackle cleaning the bathrooms - I decided to skim this article to get the gist. However once I started, I was hooked. Tanya Gold nailed the Mills and Boon mystery, and gave a lovely insight into the people who work there. 4,000 submissions a year and they pick 10? So the other 710 are from their existing 'stable' - Very Interesting

Anita Burgh said...

Very interesting and informative blog. I shall visit regularly.

Jen Black said...

Happy to have you visit, Anita.
Anita, another report said M&B had a stable of 1,300 writers, so I don't know which number is accurate.

More flames on the fire

  Occasionally I check for Book related news and  this morning caught a snippet that sent a shudder through me. It seems Omid Scobie, often ...