Wednesday 6 February 2008

Everyday things

A bright blue sky day for a change - a pleasure to be out and about meeting friends in Hexham at Mrs Miggins coffee house.

Now back to the desk for a couple of hours before we go out again to visit Matfen Hall for a meal. We plan to go earlyish, say 4pm, so that we can walk a little before settling down to eat. We'll probably go into the Keepers Lodge - the golf club house, rather than the hotel proper. See here.

We went into the Library for a formal dinner when the kids were visiting from Oz a few weeks ago, and they thought it was beautiful. I think it's beautiful, too, but it's a tad expensive for everyday visits!

I am getting carried away with my latest wip. I'm really pleased with the way it is shaping up at 40,000 words. This time I've kept my H/h together most of the way, and I think there is lots of internal conflict. Whether HM&B will agree with me is another matter!

No comments:

A worrying thought

  We have recently taken on a new satellite box which allows access to things like UKTV play and others. Scanning the offerings, I notice ho...